International Wolf Center logo
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: wolf567, Anduril, Frodo1

Re: WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Postby Kirave » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:23 am

Artic_queen wrote:I dont think its good at all.MONEY JUST FOR GAME???SRSLY??DAVE,I THINK YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!AND FAST PLEASE!!

Please watch your caps usage, as excessive caps is considered spam.

Many, many games cost money to buy. They cost a lot of money to make, too, so the developers need to be supported somehow. WQ previously ran on grant funding, however development is currently being paid by the developers as funding had run out years ago and was not being further sought out. If the new game didn't cost money, it wouldn't exist at all because of how much game development costs. There are opportunities to get the game for free, however, via monthly contests in the News and Announcements board. November's contest is
here.
wednesday has been cancelled due to a scheduling error.

he/they pls ty
Kirave
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Name: Rin, Rowan

Postby criatureds » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:57 am

Well, for me honestly to buy WQ 2.7 for $10 I think its a little much, but alright, I bought it yet and I have to say that its cool having all this items, but in the free one, again, for me, it totally bored. But alright, i proved both of them, and my opinion its that them are cool, anyways. :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:
Valu
criatureds
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby MormonCricket » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:11 am

From my view, it was worth it. 2.5 was good, but 2.7 has acounts, personal messaging, ten new coats, ten injured coats, seven howl types, foxes, cougars, 3D ravens, the awesome lost river map, smarter AIs, text chat, and so so so so so much more. It also has improved graphics. Its much better than the first, and i consider it among the top wolf roleplaying games.
Hello!
I have both new and old games, And I love to play MP. Just pm to get a private game!
MormonCricket
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Xela Winchester » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:11 pm

In my honest opinion, WQ is worth every penny, and then some.
This may just be due to the sentimental value I attach to the game, seeing as I've been playing it since '08 and it pleases me to see how far it's come.

$10 is a generous amount on the team's part, given that we now have user accounts, achievements, new wolf customization options, a whole new map, improved graphics, a more lenient lexicon (which hopefully won't be abused as badly as it was in 2.5), and a few other little bonuses.

WQ is educational as well, providing players with accurate wolf facts. A game that can enlighten people automatically has more value if you ask me.
"Are you chasing something, or running away?"
-The Outsider, Dishonored
Xela Winchester
Pup
Pup

Name: Nova

Postby falconxr » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:28 am

i bought it even though I don't play it a lot anymore. I feel like I owe something to the team for being here for... most of my life if I'm being honest.

Don't preen yourself for doing your job.

avatar © lupinzpack | quote/character © nintendo
member since '09 | former uotm | raptor handler extraordinaire

falconxr

Name: Riv

Postby wolfluvr101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 am

Xela Winchester wrote:
In my honest opinion, WQ is worth every penny, and then some.
This may just be due to the sentimental value I attach to the game, seeing as I've been playing it since '08 and it pleases me to see how far it's come.

$10 is a generous amount on the team's part, given that we now have user accounts, achievements, new wolf customization options, a whole new map, improved graphics, a more lenient lexicon (which hopefully won't be abused as badly as it was in 2.5), and a few other little bonuses.

WQ is educational as well, providing players with accurate wolf facts. A game that can enlighten people automatically has more value if you ask me.

Same here. WolfQuest has been my go to stress reliever since sometime in '08. And then when I joined the forums, that became a big part of my life too. $10 is almost too cheap for this game, the quality and effort that has gone into it, it should be up with the $50 games. But I admit I'm glad it's at $10, that was all I could afford.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva
wolfluvr101
WQ Veteran
WQ Veteran

Postby WolfDragonPlasma » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Alright. I didn't want to say anything until I had completed the game on the new Laptop that I got because I felt that my old one didn't paint the best picture of the game as a whole since the graphics card made Fast Graphics turn into Lag Central in Slough Creek, and I was surprised I even made it out with one pup on Easy.
With that being said though.

Yes, WolfQuest 2.7 is superior to 2.5 and is most definitely worth the $10. The updated graphics are incredible, the updated AI is incredible and makes the game more fun, and the new prey/predator additions adds new challenges to overcome (dem moose man, seriously). Not to mention the addition of a brand new map with it's own hidden background story that you'll never get with 2.5. Also, there's achievements that are rewarded to you for completing various challenges or finding hidden Easter eggs, and you'll never find that in 2.5 either.

Of course, do make sure your graphics card is at least the minimum recommendations (higher is always better though) before you buy or you're gonna have a really hard time with raising pups in Slough Creek.
WolfDragonPlasma
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby xCreedx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:37 pm

I would like to say that, the Wolf Quest 2.7 is better with updated graphics, texture, animations & other resources & features included. Also the price $10.00 shouldn't be a struggle to pay for the fundament of Wolf Quest however I believe, not everyone can purchase the new version which seems to be the main problem as some cannot pay by dollars & the fact some may not even be able to afford Wolf Quest. I would recommend that the $10.00 price should be removed once the community has reached a fair amount of money for funding.
xCreedx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

10 dollars for the worst graphics and physics ever!

Postby ScarOX » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Seriously wq you have it set at 10 dollars? why dont you just put ads on the mobile version
if you have one

seriously i'm shamed my friend bought this and he disapointed. Shame on you. Moneyhogs.
ScarOX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Postby Neamara » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi ScarOX,

If you are dissatisfied with the updated WolfQuest, you can contact the team to get a refund. The team have stated that they have zero intention of adding advertisements to the game.

I have merged your topic with the most relevant feedback thread regarding the price tag. Keep in mind that Eduweb is developing the WolfQuest project on their own now without NSF grant money or donations. Customer purchases help cover the cost of updating the game the development team have continued developing out-of-pocket, hence why it costs money. More info here. It may not be perfect, but it's improving over time, and games don't have to be graphically stunning to portray whatever message they have. ;)
What the hell?

:: Avatar © Konami ::
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby MeghanNeko » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:58 pm

I honestly with that this could be free, because I personally am unable to spend that kind of money. I really love this game, but I can't afford to spend that money on a game when I need it for college....
۩۞۩
ιт ѕнσυ вє ѕσмєσηє
ωнσ σνє нєя... αη ι' σ ιт ƒσя уσυ...
av/sig ©LupinzPack/Lepeka
MeghanNeko

Name: Meghan, Leigh

Postby duskypack » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:10 pm

KendallK wrote:I honestly with that this could be free, because I personally am unable to spend that kind of money. I really love this game, but I can't afford to spend that money on a game when I need it for college....

Well, that's why there are near-monthly contests to win the game! ^-^ (they are still going on, right?)

ScarOX wrote:Seriously wq you have it set at 10 dollars? why dont you just put ads on the mobile version
if you have one

seriously i'm shamed my friend bought this and he disapointed. Shame on you. Moneyhogs.

..Moneyhogs? Games cost money to develop. The money goes towards producing future versions, and for feeding the families of the developers who spend lots of time working on it. They were thinking of putting ads on the mobile version but they ran into difficulties with the COPPA laws and general issues (people don't want ads because they are annoying and most apps have them).
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Name: I go by Dusk ^_^

Postby wolf567 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:01 pm

duskypack wrote:
KendallK wrote:I honestly with that this could be free, because I personally am unable to spend that kind of money. I really love this game, but I can't afford to spend that money on a game when I need it for college....

Well, that's why there are near-monthly contests to win the game! ^-^ (they are still going on, right?)

They sure are :D

Here is the link to the latest competition: February WolfQuest Giveaway Contest!
Wolf567 / Blaze
WolfQuest Community Forum Moderator

wolf567
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Postby HowlThySong » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:07 am

WolfQuest 2.7 is definitely worth the money I spent! The customization options, new maps, new pup/mate features, new prey, frequent updates/repairs, new account method, etc. are all new and amazing features that were added with the additional funding! Not to mention that if people continue to purchase the game more and more features and updates will be added and made! The introduction of cougars and moose are proof of this.

If you're debating whether or not to purchase this version of the game I strongly suggest you do! It's great and I don't regret purchasing it at all.
Proud Caretaker of the WolfSprits Pack http://www.wolfspirits.org/ Founded in February 2002 and still thriving!
HowlThySong
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Rune

Postby WindDancingHowl » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:24 am

I don't think that's even a question! Of course it's worth it, with all the new customizations, graphics, NPCs, packs, and, perhaps it's a bit stupid, but my very favorite addition which is wind! Lol, a little thing maybe but it was just what I was hoping for! I swear I was thinking "I wish they would make hunting more realistic with wind" and I got it and start playing to find it had happened! It was so awesome to mix my knowledge from the old game with learning the new mechanics, and even now I still love it!
"All good things are wild and free"- Henry David Thoreau
Proud WolfQuest player for 3 years
WindDancingHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Name: Lusa

PreviousNext

Return to General WolfQuest Discussion