WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

TeamExtreme
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Post by TeamExtreme » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:23 pm

I love the new graphics and the less buggy version. I have downloaded the demo and it was more challenging yet enjoyable. Since the team has spent so much and achieved so much the game is definitely worth $10! Even Minecraft costs more and is not nearly as fun.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:15 pm

As a new player: Yes, it is worth it. WQ 2.7 is vastly superior to 2.5 in nearly every single way: hundreds of bugfixes, improved AI, a brand new map (Lost River), improved graphics, increased private game reliability, an in-game friend/pack/messaging system, difficulty levels, the ability to raise pups together in multiplayer, and more.

The only negative thing I would say about 2.7 is, well, the fact that public games only have the phrase chat. While this has caused players to come up with different ways of communicating to players (growling is pretty universal for a predator alert, howling as 'come here', etc), I think players would enjoy having a 'free chat' in public games as well (but then you'll have to figure out ways of monitoring the chats pretty effectively and consistently).

But personally I enjoy not seeing all of these unrelated RPs floating around in my public game 'feed'...

For players that aren't new to WQ: Yes, it is still worth it. Kind of. If you're the type of person who isn't into Multiplayer or roleplaying, then 2.7 is for you! But, if you enjoy RPing with your friends all the time, then you might not like the new multiplayer chat system they have.

EDIT:
KisabellaBlue8 wrote:
Okay they did a good job on the quality but they didn't actually add anything new so I believe the 10 dollars was a good price.If it was more than 10 dollars I wouldn't buy it and many other people can barely the 10 dollars so Wolf quest would lose plenty of people
They added an entire new map to run around in and explore, they added the ability to raise pups together in multiplayer, difficulty levels, overhauled the AI, etc...
If that doesn't classify as 'new stuff', then I don't know what does...
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Angel Mercy
Pup
Pup
Name: Mercy

Post by Angel Mercy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Yes I believe the game is better than before. Though I was surprised to see that there was only phrase chat in open game multiplayer. That was disappointing but the new voice option was great though I gotta say that's probably the best part. Pups in multiplayer was interesting. When you play the single player game it seems harder than it was in 2.5. Whether that's easy or the hardest level.
....Life changes so fast you won't even have a chance to stop it....

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:35 pm

I can understand people not wanting to pay for what is essentially an update, but I find it worth paying for because 1) I wanted all the new stuff that made gameplay much more interesting, less glitchy, and all around more playable then 2.5 and 2) I would love to see a new episode or something, and the only way we're going to get that is by shelling out some $$$. I don't know if I'd pay an upwards of $50 for it, but I figure the price they have now, though not really much money (for Americans) is a fairly decent price for what we've got. I'd be willing to toss more cash at the screen then that tbh, say maybe $5 or even $10 more (if I was feeling generous), but as it stands it seems fine to me.
Totally understandable if someone would prefer to stick with just 2.5 instead of paying, I'm just saying lol

A lot of people have wondered in the past if adding a price tag would lower WQ's "popularity." I don't personally think that'll be an issue because some of us have been here since the near beginning and will stick with the game and give it our monies no matter how long it's around, the game can only gain more exposure - especially when it's released on tablets and if it gets put somewhere like Steam, and if people are really against the price tag, there's an older version available for them, so they're still acknowledging/playing the game.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

Astrid28
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Astrid28 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:08 am

I love this game and I agree that they must pay for it. But it seems to me absolutely absurd not to be charged only Amethyst Mountain. To make it fair, it should be free and Slough Creek!

Hardhat300
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Hardhat300 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:16 am

I mean, it could be worth $10. But I was hoping it was going too be free, instead, I checked back on the site and looked at it and I was very upset that now you have too buy the game... I feel like the game is good how it is for now. Unless we're just putting our idea's too the test and they might update it and add more things in a new version... I am just going too have too play 2.5 and wait until maybe a newer version is free.
*MOVED ACCOUNT*
New: PsychoGuiltySpark

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:57 am

I totally think its worth it. Like someone mentioned before (it was of the mods, but I forgot who), there are tons of games out there that are complete garbage that sell for more. I don't mind the price.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Vanetor
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Vanetor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Yes in my opinion it's well worth the 10$ the graphics are new, and it's fun to play with friends because I don't have to launch Skype in the background,

clawsthefox101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by clawsthefox101 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:30 pm

uh do u think i could i ask some questions? well do your pups grow up? to have have to get xp points to get a mate? can your pups be your color and your mate's color?
You don't have to have powers to be a hero. You have to have courage to be a hero.
-Cailyn 2016

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:33 pm

clawsthefox101 wrote:uh do u think i could i ask some questions? well do your pups grow up? to have have to get xp points to get a mate? can your pups be your color and your mate's color?
In the future, please use the Tips, Hints, and Help board for questions.
Anyway,
  • 1. No.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes, pups can have different colors now. Here's a very nice chart showing them being held by wolves of the same color of the pup.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Hardhat300 wrote:I mean, it could be worth $10. But I was hoping it was going too be free, instead, I checked back on the site and looked at it and I was very upset that now you have too buy the game... I feel like the game is good how it is for now. Unless we're just putting our idea's too the test and they might update it and add more things in a new version... I am just going too have too play 2.5 and wait until maybe a newer version is free.
To be fair they did add a lot of things in 2.7, but I'm assuming you mean bigger things, like new missions and whatnot. An Episode 3.

To do that, they need a lot of money, but because their funding ran out in 2011/2012, they had 2 options: either shut down the game for good (including the forums and the lexicon chat in 2.5), or update the game with some new features with the hope enough people would buy it so they could make an episode 3. I'm glad they chose option #2, because I would hate to see WQ just wither and die...it still has so much potential!
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Crestie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Crestie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Personally, I think its totally worth the $10. I've played for a long time, but the additions and updates make it worth it and $10 isnt that much compared to the average price of games nowadays or having "free" games that are riddled with in app purchases or require no skill and are "pay to win". Since it goes to hopefully coming out with a new episode, I would say, yes, go ahead an buy it!

Switch
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Switch » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:18 am

i feel like a lot of people don't realize just how much game development costs so i definitely think 2.7 is worth $10 with all its improvements over 2.5

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 am

Dorken wrote:I can understand people not wanting to pay for what is essentially an update, but I find it worth paying for because 1) I wanted all the new stuff that made gameplay much more interesting, less glitchy, and all around more playable then 2.5 and 2) I would love to see a new episode or something, and the only way we're going to get that is by shelling out some $$$. I don't know if I'd pay an upwards of $50 for it, but I figure the price they have now, though not really much money (for Americans) is a fairly decent price for what we've got. I'd be willing to toss more cash at the screen then that tbh, say maybe $5 or even $10 more (if I was feeling generous), but as it stands it seems fine to me.
Totally understandable if someone would prefer to stick with just 2.5 instead of paying, I'm just saying lol

A lot of people have wondered in the past if adding a price tag would lower WQ's "popularity." I don't personally think that'll be an issue because some of us have been here since the near beginning and will stick with the game and give it our monies no matter how long it's around, the game can only gain more exposure - especially when it's released on tablets and if it gets put somewhere like Steam, and if people are really against the price tag, there's an older version available for them, so they're still acknowledging/playing the game.
yes it is less glitchy but now their more problems with downloading it and its way more laggy also.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:11 pm

KisabellaBlue8 wrote:yes it is less glitchy but now their more problems with downloading it and its way more laggy also.
Just to clarify: At this point, about 1.5% of people have had trouble downloading, installing, or launching WQ2.7. Obviously it's very frustrating for those folks, and we've been analyzing their log files. We have figured out the problem for some of them, still working on a couple last issues. Hoping to have those solved very soon.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”