Help support
WolfQuest 3 development!

Donate button

Follow us on social media
to see the latest news
about WolfQuest 3!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
tumblr.
YouTube
Wikia / Fandom

Wolf 3.0

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Quikke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:42 pm

I've made a game-intended wolf model that was pretty close to that video's rendition before to practice low poly stuff. It didn't have the fur, but it had the build. My tri-limit was about 3000 and it came out to about 2890. Really wish I still had it though. Why do computers have to die.
User avatar
Quikke
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:47 am

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Windstrider » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:39 pm

I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.
User avatar
Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm
Name: Erick, Zhenya, Wind
Gender: Male

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby loboLoco » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:42 am

Windstrider wrote:I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.


Not sure what the default setting will be until I do more testing, but we will also have a Fur toggle in Game Settings so you can enable/disable it as you like.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer
User avatar
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Phasoli » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am

loboLoco wrote:
Windstrider wrote:I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.


Not sure what the default setting will be until I do more testing, but we will also have a Fur toggle in Game Settings so you can enable/disable it as you like.


Woohoo! Hopefully the addition of fur won't cause so too much lag... I'd love to play with fur, but in a lower graphical setting.
User avatar
Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:23 pm
Location: Photosynthesizing with the beans in the backyard
Name: Call me Tsuri!
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Koa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Phasoli wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
Windstrider wrote:I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.


Not sure what the default setting will be until I do more testing, but we will also have a Fur toggle in Game Settings so you can enable/disable it as you like.


Woohoo! Hopefully the addition of fur won't cause so too much lag... I'd love to play with fur, but in a lower graphical setting.


Given how the models utilize fur, I wouldn't be too worried about lag because of fur alone. :) I am glad to hear that the option to enable/disable fur will be available, though.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
 
Posts: 23166
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby interlunar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 am

loboLoco wrote:
Windstrider wrote:I assume fur will still only be on the higher graphics settings when this is put in-game (I, and I assume some other people, usually use fast or good graphics settings specifically because they have less stuff going on and it reduces lag)? Just figured I'd ask tho.


Not sure what the default setting will be until I do more testing, but we will also have a Fur toggle in Game Settings so you can enable/disable it as you like.


So does this mean we can have fur on low graphics settings? I would love that because the wolves look beautiful on the higher settings, but I can only run the game on lower settings.
User avatar
interlunar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby ValorWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for in a future update! New customization options for your wolves and maybe new coat patterns and scars. :idea:
User avatar
ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm
Location: United States
Name: FionaFox
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Tlitoo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 pm

It's looking great guys, and I'm happy to see it will be put into the game (relatively) soon. {My "soon" is unlike most peoples as I see the word soon can either mean a few days from now or months XD}
User avatar
Tlitoo
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: New York
Name: T or Clo
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby criatureds » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:44 am

Im such excited also, finally we can choose the wolf eye's color :D :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:
User avatar
criatureds
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:09 am
Location: Inside a vainilla world
Name: - Jodd
Gender: Male

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Wolfyyy123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Know right I can't wait to have fluffy fur and blue even claws let make WolfQuest legend to remember to having mate then having pups wow we have gone so far thanks Dave staff make it possible for to see out of an wolves eye :wolf: happy hunting to you all
User avatar
Wolfyyy123
Pup
Pup
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby 0927CanisLupus0927 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 pm

I can't wait! It'll be so much fun! I hope there is a ton of different customizations for the wolves! Can you change the fur length, claws, and how tall you can make your wolf?
0927CanisLupus0927
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Darkstripe117 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Will I be able to get two different eye colors? Because I want to get one blue eye and one brown eye if not that's fine.
    Post Merge
And I can't wait to see the new model's and stuff.
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪
Darkstripe117
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby duskypack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Darkstripe117 wrote:Will I be able to get two different eye colors? Because I want to get one blue eye and one brown eye if not that's fine.
    Post Merge
And I can't wait to see the new model's and stuff.

Wolves are never heterochromatic (only wolfdogs are at times) so I highly doubt it.
Wolf Q&A - Frequently Asked Questions wrote: Pure-blooded wild wolves have not been documented being bi-eyed (heterochromic; having two differently colored eyes). Heterochromia is a common trait in Northern dog breeds and low and midrange wolfdogs, but not in wolves or high-content wolfdogs.

User avatar
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm
Name: Dusk
Gender: Female

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby Darkstripe117 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks duskypack and I wish that there were Lynx/Bobcats in WQ but that's just me and again thanks. And I would like to see more wildlife game's like WQ I would like to see a Lynx Simulation by eduweb in the near future.
Darkstripe117
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Wolf 3.0

Postby AveryCF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:05 am

Ahhhh! This is amazing! ;3; More things to give a wolf life, and not just the new, wonderful and updated models! ;3; I do have a question though, will scars continue to be skin based for the new skins that added scared up wolves? Or will we be able to apply scars to any skin later on?
(I guess the same question goes for accessories. While I understand some like limpy + collar might not be ideal as it might make a wolf too OP or not, I wanted to know if it was possible to maybe get multiple accessories for more wolf customization later on? It would be cool for players to be able to completely customize their wolves besides just the nice eye change, while still falling into the realistic bounds WQ has always tried to achieve.)
I'm still in love with the changing eye colors though, I guess I never really bothered staring at them on the classic models just because each skin kind of had their own thing going on. But with this new addition, it's really going to make you want to look at each wolf carefully and take in every last detail. ;3;
User avatar
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 pm
Location: My mind of Krinsentor.~
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Blog Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



WolfQuest

Tech Support  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use and Privacy Policy  |  Abuse Reports

© 2005- Eduweb